State Certification & Endorsements

Students must complete a state-approved program in order to qualify for teacher and administrator certifications. The University of Arizona offers many certification programs through various colleges and also offers several endorsements (attachments to certifications).

State Certification Programs on Campus
State Endorsement Programs on Campus
How to Get Certified at the UA (FAQs)
Institutional Recommendation information 

The requirements for certification to teach in Arizona are:

  • A bachelor’s degree
  • Completion of a teacher-preparation program OR appropriate coursework in education classes
  • A passing score on the appropriate professional-knowledge portion of the Arizona Educator Exams (AEE)
  • A passing score on the appropriate subject-knowledge portion of the AEE, Fingerprint clearance
  • Appropriate fees


If you have questions about certification contact Letty Gutierrez or (520) 621-7865.

For more information, go to the State Department of Education.