Interested in graduating with honors? If you are part of the Honors College and planning to graduate from the College of Education, follow the steps below to complete your honors requirements.
- Meet with your academic and honors advisor ASAP to make sure you are on track to graduate with honors.
- Complete 30 units of honors credit
- 24 units = honors courses/contracts
- 6 units = honors thesis
- College of Education courses can be contracted
- Maintain a cumulative UA grade point average of 3.5 or higher at the time of graduation
- Complete and submit honors thesis
- Explore Your Thesis Topic: Honors Thesis Database
- Identify a Faculty Advisor: This is the person who will supervise your thesis and award you final grade for your thesis.
- Submit the Honors Thesis Prospectus: This process allows you provide a description of your proposed thesis project, and also provides confirmation that a faculty member has agreed to advise your thesis. You will submit your Thesis Prospectus to the Honors College by the last day of classes in the semester prior to starting your thesis. Access the prospectus form here: https://www.honors.arizona.edu/prospectus
- Register for Thesis Credit: The thesis is a two-semester commitment that demands a minimum of six units of work — three units of TLS 498H credit per semester usually taken in the senior year. Under no circumstances will students be permitted to complete all six thesis/capstone units in a single semester. Your advisor will require written confirmation from your faculty advisor in order to enroll.
- Engage in Your Thesis Project: Working under the guidance of your faculty advisor, you will engage in a personalized research experience. Although the details of the project will vary from student to student, most will spend the first semester writing a draft of the statement of purpose, the statement of methodology design, and the literature review. Students generally spend the second semester revising the research plan; completing data analysis or production; analyzing, synthesizing and drawing conclusions; and revising the written version of thesis. Your faculty advisor will award a grade for your first semester of thesis work, based on the progress you have made up to that point.
- Submit Your Thesis: Prior to the end of the semester, you will submit your final work to your faculty advisor in order to receive feedback and a final grade. Once your thesis has been approved, you will submit your signed thesis title page and an electronic copy of your thesis/capstone document to the Honors College. The thesis must be submitted to the Honors College by the last day of classes, so you are encouraged to plan ahead and allow yourself enough time to make any needed revisions.
For more information, visit https://www.honors.arizona.edu/