Applications are now being accepted for the 2018-19 cohort that starts on May 14, 2018
Instructions for Applying
Now accepting applications for May 2018. Preference will be given to applications received by January 31st, 2018. We will continue to accept applications after January 31st until the program is full.
Before you click the link below, please read the following instructions thoroughly and follow them step by step:
- The first step is to create a profile in GradApp
- Then click on "Apply to a Program"
- In the "Campus" dropdown menu, select "Distance"
- In the "Location" drop down menu, select "Chandler" if you want to apply for the Teach Arizona program in Chandler or select "Distance" if you want to apply for the Teach Arizona program in Tucson.
- In the "Program Category" drop down menu, you MUST select "Degree Seeking." Do NOT select "Accelerated Master's Program."
- In the "Program of Study" drop down menu, select "Teaching and Teacher Education (MED)."
- When you scroll to the bottom of the page, you will see the "Semester" drop down menu. You will select "Summer 2018" since all students begin the program together in the summer.
To be considered for the program, you must first meet the following criteria:
- B.A. or B.S. degree from an accredited four-year institution or a graduate degree
- Academic background or approximately 24 units in the content area you hope to teach
- We review transcripts closely to identify an applicant’s level of expertise. If you fall below the 24-unit threshold in your content area, you may still be admitted to the program depending on the nature of your previous coursework
- Accepted content areas include: Math, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Earth Science, General Science, English, Spanish, Mandarin, American Sign Language, History, Political Science/Government, Economics
- 3.0 cumulative GPA in previous collegiate study
- 3.0 cumulative GPA in content area coursework
- Completed graduate application (link)
- Payment of $95.00 for international applications and $85.00 for domestic applications
- Up-to-date résumé
- Three letters of recommendation
- Responses to 3 essay prompts
- Official transcripts from each institution you have attended. Send transcripts to the following address:
- Adriana Miramontez, TLS Department, University of Arizona, P. O. Box 210069, Tucson, AZ, 85721-0069
Completed applications will be reviewed by the admissions committee from the College of Education. You will then be contacted regarding an admissions interview, which will be the final consideration in the committee’s decision.