Books can be purchased by clicking on the title.
- Short, K., Tomlinson, C., Lynch-Brown, C., & Johnson, H. (2014). Essentials of Young Adult Literature, 3rd Ed. New York: Pearson.
- Short, K., Lynch-Brown, C. & Tomlinson, C. (2013). Essentials of Children's Literature, 8th Ed. New York: Pearson.
- Short, K. & Fox, D. (2003). Story Matters: The Complexity of Cultural Authenticity in Children’s Literature. Urbana, IL: National Council of Teachers of English.
- Short, K. G. with Birchak, B., Connor, C., Crawford, K., Kahn, L., Kaser, S. Turner, S. (1998). Teacher Study Groups: Building Community through Dialogue and Reflection. Urbana, IL: NCTE.
- Short, K. G. & Pierce, K. M., eds. (1998). Talking about Books. Portsmouth, NH: Heinemann.
- Short, K. G. (1997). Literature As a Way of Knowing. York, ME: Stenhouse.
- Short, K. G., Schroeder, J., Laird, J., Kauffman, G., Ferguson, M., & Crawford, K.M. (1996). Learning Together Through Inquiry. York, ME: Stenhouse.
- Short, K.G. & Harste, J., with Burke, C. (1996). Creating Classrooms for Authors and Inquirers. Portsmouth, NH: Heinemann.
- Short, K.G., Senior Author and Editor (1995). Research and Professional Resources in Children's Literature.International Reading Association.
- Short, K. G. (1993). Ed, Teachers as Researchers: A Yearbook of Reflection and Action. Newark: International Reading Association. Co-Editors: L. Patterson, C. Santa, K. Smith.
- Short, K. G. & Burke, C. (1991). Creating Curriculum: Teachers and Students Creating Communities of Learners. Portsmouth, NH: Heinemann.
The following articles will download as either PDF or MSWord files:
Children's Literature and Responses
Global Curriculum and Intercultural Understanding
Inquiry as Curriculum