Writing a Thank You Letter to Your Scholarship Donor
College of Education scholarships are supported by generous donors who care about our students and education. These donors appreciate interaction with current scholarship recipients. With that in mind, we ask that you write a thank you letter to the donor who made your scholarship possible. Failure to do so may limit your consideration for a future award.
Format & Mechanics:
· Thank you letters must be submitted through Scholarship Universe.
Tips to help you write a thank you letter:
Please construct a thoughtful, professional thank you letter with your signature on the bottom.
Example of salutation should be:
August 15, 2012
Dear Mr. & Mrs. Smith:
Refer to the scholarship by its name as shown in your award letter.
Tell the donor about yourself:
· Where you are from
· Year of study (junior, graduate, etc.)
· Why you chose the UA
· Your campus and community involvement
· Professional affiliations
· Positive experiences you have gained from attending the UA
· How the scholarship helped you (do not mention the amount of your scholarship award)
· Future career plans
The closing of the letter should include your signature and return address (regular mail and e-mail) so the donor can write you if s/he chooses.
If you have any other questions regarding your thank you letter, please contact Tracy Kenyon, Coordinator , Student Supportat 520-621-4750 or firstname.lastname@example.org