Step 2: Review & Meet Eligibility Requirements

Skip to Step 4 if you are not planning on selecting any of the majors listed below


The following degree programs require professional admission to the program:

  • Early Childhood Education
  • Elementary Education (ESL and bilingual programs)
  • Mild to Moderate Disabilities (special education teaching)
  • Deaf Studies (education interpreting and non-interpreting)

In order to be eligible to apply for professional admission to the respective program, applicants must meet GPA, volunteer hour, and prerequisite coursework requirements. Additionally, those applying to these programs (except deaf studies non-interpreting) must provide a valid Fingerprint Clearance Card (IVP) issued by Arizona Department of Public Safety since they will be placed in local schools with children. Learn how to apply for an IVP.

If you are transferring from an Arizona community college, please refer to our transfer guides, listed below. Please note that these transfer guides are subject to change and should not be used in place of academic advising.

Maricopa County Community College District

Pima Community College

For more information on how specific in-state and out-of-state credit will transfer to the University of Arizona is available, speak with an advisor.