The Graduate College requires an Application for Admission submitted online, along with an application fee. The department requires the following documents to be submitted through your online application:
- Official transcripts of all previous college work from each college or university previously attended.
- Any standardized graduate test score, but preferable either the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or the Miller Analogies Test (MAT). The institutional code for the University of Arizona is 4832; departmental code for Higher Education is 3502.
- A resume or curriculum vita that summarizes your educational and employment history and any relevant professional accomplishments (including publications, presentations, honors, awards, and other significant activities).
- Three letters of recommendation from persons who have direct knowledge of your academic and/or professional performance and potential for graduate study. These letters should be no more than two years old. It is preferable to have letters of recommendation that are specific to admission to our program. Placement files are not acceptable because they do not indicate in specific way the applicant's potential for advanced degree work.
- A personal statement (1-2 pages, single spaced) that describes:
- how the applicant's professional, educational, and life experiences have influenced the desire to pursue graduate studies in Higher Education,
- the applicant's career goals and how graduate study would contribute to their realization, and
- the applicant's goals and objectives for graduate study.
Master's Program Info (Word doc, 24kb)
Deadline for fall admission is January 22nd. To apply, go to the UA Graduate College application page.
The General Design of the Ph.D. Program in Higher Education (PDF, 24kb)
Doctoral program applicants wanting to be considered for preferred admission should submit their applications by January 22nd. To apply, go to the UA Graduate College application page.
Official Transcripts should be mailed to:
Educational Policy Studies & Practice
College of Education
PO Box 210069
University of Arizona
Tucson, AZ 85721
Should you have any questions about the application process, please feel free to contact Liz Gaxiola at