Requirements to complete on-line courses
The majority of course content will be completed on-line and delivered through course management software used by the University of Arizona, Desire to Learn (D2L). Course delivery modes will vary according to the nature of the course content and the available technology. Courses may be delivered in various combinations such as:
- text-based instruction
- text-based with audio or video enhancements
- text-based with synchronous real-time activities such as virtual office hours or live chats
- text-based with asynchronous interaction such as threaded discussions
All students must have access to the following:
- Daily Internet access (high speed is strongly suggested) — Check that your browser is compatible.
- Word, Power Point, Excel, perhaps a printer, and Adobe Reader installed. — Although Word is a general standard for word processors, there are a wide variety of processors. Documents that are not in Word can be saved as a Rich Text Format (.rtf) so it is more generally readable by others.
- You need to have a valid UA NetID and Password—that's the same ID and password that you use for UA WebMail. If you do not have or have forgotten your UA NetID and/or Password then visit the UA NetID site.