Bachelor of Arts in Early Childhood Education, B.A.E.
Picture a brighter future!
Now you can receive a bachelor’s degree and also be certified to teach children birth through age 8.
Even before your student teaching begins, you’ll take your methods courses at a local school and work in early childhood classrooms. This gives you the opportunity to apply what you’re learning in a real classroom with real children. By the time you graduate, you’ll know exactly what it’s like working with young children in schools. Another benefit: All our school sites are chosen for their excellent teachers and programs.
The value of a cohort
The Early Childhood Education Program is a cohort program that begins in the fall semester and continues for two years.
In the cohort setting, you proceed through the program with a group of students as focused and dedicated as you are.
Throughout your four semesters, you will observe and work with children in preschool and K-3 educational settings. You will complete student teaching in both preschool and K-3 classrooms.
Your classes and work in preschool and K-3 educational settings complement each other, as theory and practice blend together for a perfect mix!
Master the best ways to:
- Create developmentally appropriate and appealing learning environments for young children
- Reflect on your own teaching to create equitable learning for all students
- Design, plan, and implement early childhood instruction
- Modify instruction and learning environments based on the children in your classroom
- Develop and maintain communication with children’s family and community members
Download the brochure for this program (pdf, 176kb)